Posted on 11 Comments

October Orders Delayed…

New orders for October* will be delayed a few days while Epson investigates an anomaly I’m seeing in dark black areas on some prints. Originally looked like canvas settings only but using a workaround with a different profile is giving similar problems intermittently. While not apparent on most images, I’ve decided to hold off printing on the 9900 while Epson looks at the test prints I sent in earlier this week**.

Just stocked up on 9900 ink etc. but my backup printer (4800) is out of some inks. Next week I’ll evaluate whether I need to bring the backup printer back into production – just so much easier on the new printer 😉

I’m notifying clients right now, just wanted to post the details here on my blog. Will provide updates here as well, but as always please feel free to contact me with any questions 🙂

* Orders affected include the Rio Grande Art Festival in Albuquerque, Georgetown, online store orders placed in October,  and a couple special orders prior.

** For quality assurance and the fact it’s getting very expensive… 😮
Even I cannot see the anomaly on most images printed in the last few days, but just the potential is enough for me to pause. I’ve spent most of the week trying to use a workaround, but just not 100% comfortable with the results. I’m sure everyone will appreciate the diligence and my desire to provide you with the absolute best quality print of my images 😀

Click Here to see updates (comments)